Welcome to the European Association for Cancer Research
Europe’s membership association for cancer researchers
8th EACR-OECI Joint Course: Molecular Pathology Approach to Cancer
Amsterdam, Netherlands : 4 - 6 June 2018
Thank you for your interest in this course in the EACR Conference Series.
The EACR may provide complimentary registrations to professional journalists who represent media organisations or scientific journals and would like to attend in order to produce coverage of the course.
To request a press registration please email Laura Strachan at least 2 weeks prior to the conference with the following information:
- A copy of your media identification or a business card issued by a recognised publication
- Copies of - or links to - at least two journalistic articles written under your byline
Please note that press registrations are granted at the discretion of the organisers, and will only be arranged in advance of the course. Press registrations will not be granted on site.
Topics to be covered
- The role of the pathologist in precision medicine
- Massively parallel sequencing methods and data interpretation
- Gene expression regulation
- Plasma circulating cell-free DNA analysis
- Perspectives in molecular testing for clinical decision-making in oncology in Europe and USA
- The molecular pathology of immunotherapy response
- Molecular pathology of breast cancer and the usefulness of transcriptomic and genomic biomarkers in breast cancer pathology and oncology practice
- Novel findings in ovarian and endometrial cancers
- Targeted therapies in melanoma
- KIT and novel therapeutic targets in gastrointestinal stromal tumours
- Genomics of lung and colorectal cancers, and the use of genetic biomarkers for therapeutic decision-making
- Molecular classification of sarcomas and central nervous system tumours
Email us about press registration
Sorry. You need to upgrade your browser
You are using Internet Explorer 8
This is considered an out of date browser. This website has been developed with modern browsers in mind to allow it to display at its best in a wide variety of viewing situations - including mobile viewing. But we haven't supported older browsers like IE8. Please upgrade to the latest version of Internet Explorer - or try Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Both are excellent browsers.