Application deadline: 05 Jan 2024
Institute: Lewis Katz School of Medicine, Temple University
More information: https://www.borriellolab.com/
A post-doctoral position is available in the Borriello laboratory, located in the Department of Cancer and Cellular Biology in the Lewis Katz School of Medicine, Philadelphia (US).
Our lab focuses on understanding the mechanisms of dormancy and metastatic recurrence, with a particular emphasis on the role of the tumor microenvironment. We use a multi-disciplinary approach to study the biology of metastasis, integrating cell signaling, biochemistry, molecular biology, multiplex tissue imaging, several mouse models, and intravital imaging of tumor cells in live animals. Additional information on our research program can be found on our website: www.borriellolab.com.
The Borriello Lab is seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic postdoctoral fellow to join our research team. We collaborate with investigators from both within the Lewis Katz School of Medicine and Fox Chase Cancer Center.
The successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to work in a dynamic and stimulating academic environment, at a top-notch institution in the US. The Borriello Lab is committed to building an inclusive environment that supports professional development and scientific discoveries.
• The candidate should either already possess, or be in the final stages of obtaining a PhD in cancer biology, cell and molecular biology, biomedical sciences, or a related field. A strong background in tumor signaling, tumor microenvironment, cancer progression and metastasis is highly valued.
• The ideal candidate should have experience in basic molecular and cellular biology methods. Experience with mouse modeling and handling is highly desirable.
• The candidate is expected to be highly motivated, creative, well organized, and capable of contributing productively in a team environment.
• The candidate is also expected to analyze and interpret results, review and present data for publications and presentations, write scientific papers, and engage in departmental seminars and activities.
• Excellent communication skills in written and oral English are essential.
If you are interested in joining our research program, please submit a cover letter describing your motivation to apply, copy of current curriculum vitae, and a list of three references directly to:
Lucia Borriello, PhD
Department of Cancer and Cellular Biology
Lewis Katz School of Medicine
Fox Chase Cancer Center
The EACR is grateful for the continued support of its Industry Partners: